Monday, December 14, 2009

Consequences of Raising Daughters



It wasn’t until our daughter’s were born that I realized how much more difficult it would be to raise a girl. Everyone had always told us, “girls are so much easier” “girls potty train quicker” “girls are less messy”… uh huh. Sounds nice right?

Well, they aren’t raising MY daughters. The truth is, my 2 year old daughter, Kaydence, is far more messier than my son. She won’t hesitate to grab some poo out of her diaper and squish it between her fingers or sit smack down in the middle of a mud puddle. Potty training? Not happening. Easier? If you mean not having to dress her because she’d rather run naked through the house or not having to feed her because she’ll climb 2 chairs, a counter and a cabinet to seek out mommy’s hidden cookies.

The real kicker to raising girls is the hidden talent they are naturally born with – the ability to manipulate you out of your cash with the bat of an eyelash.
Here we were, just casually walking through JCPenny looking for nothing more than a few small items and I mentioned that Emma was growing out of Kaydee’s old footed pajamas. As we’re browsing the racks, a Dora coat caught my eye because of the big SALE sign above. I said, “hey Jon, how cute is this Dora coat!”…he rolls his eyes and says, “yeah, it’s cute”.

I placed it back on the rack with hopes that Kaydee hadn’t seen it, but it was too late…”Dora, Dora, Dora…my Dora coat mommy, Daddy my Dora coat, put it on” and she starts stripping right there in the middle of the store.

We were fine and dandy with leaving the store without the coat until my husband turned it around to find it wasn’t just an ordinary Dora coat but a Dora Coat with a Backpack Accessory. And that’s when my husband realized he had no control. “oh daddy, my Backpack, my Dora” (in the sweetest, most pathetic voice a 2 year old can muster up)

The next words out of my husband’s mouth, “put it in the cart, but she HAS to wait for Christmas to have it”….HA HA HA…sucker! I totally would not have bought that coat, I’m immune to her…but daddy’s just aren’t.

===================================
An article published by Cat, from
http://3kidsandus.com
===================================

No comments: